Saturday, January 19, 2008

Just Act Natural

Today we ventured to the Whole Foods store in Pittsburgh. We wanted to get some of those edible gluten free bread mixes. (Which up till now in our experience has been an oxymoron .) It was an extremely busy place and I could tell by the people in the parking lot that we were slightly out of place. "Act natural", I said to Alex. A certain type of person eats organic foods. They have peace sign bumper stickers on their cars. Suddenly I was aware of the polyester content of my jacket. (I was thankful I wasn't wearing fur.) We went up and down all of the aisles. We bought every bread mix on the shelf. And a couple of gluten free brownie mixes. And we bought some sweet potato and red beet chips. And an organic mango. And some frozen berries. Organic people are very kind and patient. No pushing and shoving like where I usually shop and everyone is in 'roid rage.
On the way home we stopped for lunch at McDonald's.

1 comment:

Abi said...

lol I love you guys