Friday, January 31, 2014

A Kindred Spirit

Spent a few days last week in Avonlea.  Read the book.  Watched the movie.  Mourned the trip to Prince Edward Island that I never took.  

14. Watch Ann of Green Gables
15. Read the book

A few of my favoritest quotes from the book:

Marilla to Matthew:  Anyhow,we've decided on the experiment and goodness only knows what will come of it.

Anne to Mrs. Barry:  I am well in body although considerably rumpled up in spirit.

Rachel Lynde (as quoted by Anne to Marilla):  Sound doctrine in the man and good housekeeping in the woman make an ideal combination for a minister's family.

Anne to Marilla:  It's always wrong to do anything you can't tell the minister's wife.  It's as good as an extra conscience to have a minister's wife for your friend.

Anne to Marilla:  I know I talk too much, but I am really trying to overcome it, and although I say far too much, yet if you only knew how many things I want to say and don't, you'd give me some credit for it.

1 comment:

jennifer anderson said...

or a ministers wife for your MOM, lol