Sunday, July 20, 2014

Last Weekend

I positively love this child.
She spent last weekend with me.  
We spent some quality mother/daughter time on the scaffolding.  We talked and we laughed.
 and we got just a little silly.  Because we both know the introduction to the backyard circus book. 
She encouraged me that we should make a porch swing.  And that we could make a porch swing.  And that we could make the good porch swing, as opposed to the simple porch swing.
And we spent some quality mother/daughter time with power tools.  We talked and we laughed and we maybe cried just a little.
Because no one sinks a screw head  like us.  But at the end of the long weekend we had a porch swing.
And a reminder of how much we like each other.  And a realization of how much we miss being together.
And then we took an ussie.  Cause we are great.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my word i had already completely forgotten how horrendous that very first coat of paint was... love you and miss you! hope you have just as much fun and more with your other daughters and grandbabies this weekend :)

Minnie said...

I want to see the finished swing. And I might need the plans for 1 for the beach hpuse