Sunday, February 22, 2015

How Was Your Trip?

In January I made a trip home.  To see my new grandbaby. To exchange Christmas gifts with my brothers and sisters and their families.  To celebrate my Mom's 80th birthday.  To see my Dad.
When I got back everyone asked the same question:  How was your trip?
And I didn't have an answer.  I didn't have a blog post.  The absolute wonder and joy of holding the firtstborn baby of my firstborn baby.  The absolute unfairness and sadness of Alzheimer's disease. Helping to change diapers-on men 4 generations apart. How do you process that?
Since I have been home, Levi learned to smile, my Dad forgot how to, and my brothers and sisters and I have talked and exchanged more text messages than we care to recount.
Today Stasi posted a picture of Levi sleeping peacefully.  Today my brother left a voicemail that my Dad died peacefully.  How do you process that?
Today I booked another trip home.


1 comment:

the indiansandpirates said...

Praying for you all this weekend.