Friday, January 19, 2007

Sliding Down a Mountain

Today I was sliding down the side of a slightly snow covered mountain. Only I wasn't on skis or a sled--I was in a Suzuki. And fortunately for all involved I wasn't driving. And fortunately for the driver I wasn't screaming like a banshee. And fortunately for all of us, God was in control all the time and the driver was in control some of the time and I lived to blog about it. Sometimes we need reminded that our troubles are small compared to what they could be. So tonight I am thankful I am not dead or worse. And I am thankful that someone practiced making doughnuts in the school parking lot many years ago.
Also, a side note: Ten years ago I was 38 and I thought I was old. I am a little scared about how old I might be 10 years from now.

2 comments:

Abi said...

I'm glad to hear that you guys are all ok! Also, Miss Brenda, you are not old. You play with prescholers and hang out with 11 year old boys on weekends. You are not old!

Amanda said...

momma! when were u guys on a mountain? glad ur ok... maybe ill call tonite to hear the story. gotsta go to class now love u bye