Friday, February 09, 2007

Because, Just Because

A tale of two policemen...
Just because I am a nice person I agreed to go into work at 4:00am instead of 7:00am. Just because the bridge is out over the turnpike, I had to go the long way through North Park. Just because it was the middle of a very cold night and I was the only person on the road, and because my car can't really drive 15mph, I was going over the posted speed limit. And so one policeman came speeding. Because we were speeding, he put on his lights, and I pulled over, and he told me I was speeding. Just because it is difficult to clock someone speeding when you are also speeding, he just told me to stop speeding. I took his advice and drove on, very slowly.

Ah, yes, wasn't this a story of two policemen?
Chapter 2
Just because I am a nice person, I flashed my lights at the next car that was speeding towards me through North Park. Just because he was also a policeman (!), and evidently this is not a legal thing to do, he did a U-turn. Just because I was no longer speeding and it was too cold to pull me over to harrass me, he just followed me the rest of the way through the park.
Because I went to work at 4:00am, I got to leave early. I drove home a different way. Just because.

Ka-choo!

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

I love you.
I love that i know exactly what literary work you are channeling, even without the Ka-choo.
Thanks for reading to me.