Sunday, December 09, 2007

i robot

At work we have a new robot. At first I didn't like the thought of him, but this week I met him, and had some training and now I kinda like him. His job is to receive, and sort and centrifuge, and uncap and deliver and store tubes of blood for our chemistry analyzers. He is really a series of robotic arms. The first one is called io robot--as in input/output robot. He is encased in a plexiglass case so that he doesn't harm anyone with his gripper claw. I feel sorry for him-shut up like that. If he were my robot I would let him out more.
This is the first instrumentation that we have that is actually called a robot. I might like more robots in my life. The cleaning robot. The laundry robot. The food prep robot. The shopping robot. I have a husband to do these things, but he is not programmable.

2 comments:

Abi said...

lol

Anastasia said...

i just finished an artcle in Popular Science (sept 06 issue) about robots. when yours gives it's opinion on the new air traffic laws for personal air cars let me know ok?