Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I Really Need To Stay in More

Over the weekend I was the female chaperone for the youth group at a teen conference/concert in the big city. When the STP was a YP (youth pastor) for 10 years, I did not even once serve as an adult chaperone to anywhere. Alex asked me to go , so I thought it was a good thing that he thought I was cool enough to travel with the youth group. Turns out they were just desperate for a female chaperone. Turns out that last year a teen girl spent the entire weekend throwing up. And the female chaperone spent the entire weekend cleaning up and driving her to meet her mother half way home. No one told me this ahead of time. I only found out through snippets of conversation. Like these:

Why didn't Lisa come?
Her Mom wouldn't let her because she spent the whole time last year throwing up.

Do you want to eat at McDonalds?
Oh yeah, this is the McDonalds where Lisa threw up last year.

Surprisingly, last year's chaperone was busy this weekend. Too busy to spend the weekend with 8 teen girls. Know what's worse that 8 teen girls? Eight tired teen girls. Know what's worse than really loud music? Really loud music in the dark with strobe lights--trying to keep track of eight teen girls. Evidently there is a good reason the YP never asked me to chaperone with him.

The headline band was skillit. I can't tell you anything about them, except that they were loud. Some of my teen girls got their autographs. When they showed them to me, I just said
Wow, groovy!
because I couldn't read their names. Unintelligable writing and unintelligable lyrics but evidently they are really good because they are 'like my favorite band'. And evidently there are lyrics. Because some teen girls were singing along at the top of their voices. At least I think they were singing. I couldn't really hear anything and it is difficult to read lips of screaming teen girls.

So my plan to get out more is going really well. I have other things to blog about, but I am way too busy. I'll try to update more often. But to do that I would have to stay in...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peace be with you

Spencer said...

you went to a skillit concert and all you can say is that it was loud, wow you must be getting old

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Skillit is definately groovy, love you miss Brenda. :)