Sunday, September 08, 2013

I'm Not an Owl

The government spies on citizens, keeps records.

Finished re-reading the Harry Potter series.  (One thing that that I've been wanting to do for several years and only accomplished this year because it made 'the list'.)  Enjoyed reading straight through, but the problem with reading the series more than 5 years after everyone else is that no one else is referencing the books.  I was immersed in Hogwarts affairs, defense against the dark arts, and love potions, while everyone else was going about their merry business--oblivious to my references to house-elves.  And why I shout 'Expelliarmus' if I want the Goob to drop whatever he has just picked up.  When I can't remember where my keys are, my first thought is that I might be under a confundus charm.  And yet...
just as I was finishing book seven, one of the Goob's friends responded to my complaint at carrying messages back and forth with this phrase, "I'm not an owl, Ronald."  I was so thankful for the HP reference that I carried one more message.
I still have the last two movies that I want to watch, but let's cross #35 off the list, shall we?
Obliterate!


1 comment:

Brenda's Man said...

You do know that I love you with or without any potion you may have slipped me.
OXOX