Sunday, January 06, 2013

2013 Non-Resolutions

2010   2011   2012 New year's resolutions:
1. Lose weight
2.  Organize photos
For the past several years I have not needed to make any New Year's Resolutions.  I just change the date at the top of the list.

But this year, buoyed by Amidala's success and inspired by Meg's list, I decided to make my own list of non-resolutions.  Things I would like to do in 2013.  And since their lists were as long as their years, I will likewise list 54 things I would like to do in 2013.  While this may seem daunting at first, I think it will work well, since I might actually accomplish something on the list.

1.  List 54 things to do in 2013.
2.  Finish the bathroom redo.
3.  Put the bedroom back together.
4.  Paint the kitchen.
5.  Read 12 books.
6.  Take a multivitamin daily.
7.  Finish memorizing James.
8.  Paint the little dresser.
9.  Kayak with the STP.
10.  Kayak with friends.
11.  Sister's weekend.
12.  Glacier Nat'l Park
13.  Jackson
14.  Get a mammogram.
15.  Visit the gynecologist.
16.  Eat 5 fruits/vegetables a day.
17.  Call my Mom and Dad once a week.
18.  Organize my recipes.
19.  Organize my addresses.
20.  Organize the photos.  (Bwah ha ha)
21.  Spend time with Nick and Claire.
22.  Finish the baby afghan.
23.  Buy something on eBay.
24.  Yard sale an awesome piece of furniture.
25.  Make at least one big red deer moose.
26.  Make new pine cone Christmas decorations.
27.  Plan a trip to Hawaii.
28.  Give to the Tarahumara.
29.  Have a party on the patio.
30.  Ride my bike 100 miles.
31.  Get a paint sprayer.
32.  Run a 5k.
33.  Crochet around a rock.
34.  Make some Christmas gifts.
35.  Reread Harry Potter series.
36.  Rewatch Ann of Green Gables.
37.  Go ice fishing at night.
38.  Tie some flies.
39.  See big horn sheep.
40.  Try something new.
41.  Finish the north rock bed.
42.  Grow something exotic in the SFG.
43.  Spend a night at the Historic Greybull Hotel.
44.  Have dinner guests once a month.
45.  Put music on my  ipod.
46.  Take pictures off my camera.
47.  Think of eight more things.
48.  Spend a weekend with my BFF from highschool
49.  Hang out with my Maid-of-Honor
50.  Cowboy boots
51.  Montana Women's Run
52.  Finish painting fence
53.  Make a treacle tart
54.  Photo with a road side wonder

1 comment:

Meg said...

Hahaha. I thought you were reaching by the time I got to "try something new" :-) Those are good ones though. I like the one to call your parents once a week. I should probably add that to my list, too.