Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Right Jolly Old Elf

Several days after the Goob carried all the Christmas things back to the attic, I turned around to find this two and a half foot tall wooden Santa with the stump of a pipe held tight in his teeth standing in my dining room.  (Clearly he has some kind of magic since he was able to make himself invisible when I was gathering all the Christmas things together and checking the place twice to make sure I didn't miss anything.)  Truly, I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself.  Chances that the Goob is planning another trip to the attic anytime soon are slim, so I am thinking of letting Santa hang around till next Christmas. Do you think anyone will notice?

2 comments:

Minnie said...

I love that Santa!!

Miss Brenda said...

I love him , too. Just wondering how I will feel about him in August.