Monday, January 21, 2013

Everyone Should Have A Birthday

The STP helped me celebrate my birthday.  By helping me cross something off the nonresolutionlist.  Last week he traveled to the big city and returned with a paint sprayer.  I will have to wait until the weather gets nicer to try it out.  I think the first project could be the fence that did not get painted in the summer of '12.  And then the possibilities are endless.
31
 Today the STP helped me move some furniture.  I promised you this big reveal last summer.  The Slovakian Princess helped me paint a garage sale find peg board for my sewing craft area.
I paid three dollars for this.  I thought the STP could use it above his workbench in the garage.  It leaned on the workbench for a year.  The STP did not find it useful.

So the Princess and I re appropriated it.




And, of course re painted it.  Like a giant paint chip.
(Naming my own paint colors--priceless.)













Later last summer the STP bought a little desk/table.  Which I just recently repainted using the same quart of imperial yellow paint.  Sorry there are no before pictures of this table.  It was a stained a dark brown.
Here is a 'during' picture.  Yellow paint requires a lot of coats.
And  before and after pictures of the sewing craft area.

Some details:
Happy green chair.  I am on the look out for the perfect paper or fabric to decoupage into the bottom of the table drawer.  Just for fun.
This one's for me.  (Always good to have Barry Manilow in your corner.)  Sing it, Barry.
A few wall lizards, and a little chalkboard.  The green clock was a gift from a friend.  I keep it set one hour ahead.  That way I gain an hour whenever I come upstairs.  One of my most genius crafting ideas to date, 
So to the STP for helping me out today I just want to say:

As an aside, the STP moved the drafting table to the attic.  As he came back down and was turning around, the invisible Santa was sitting there looking at him.  Guess Santa will be around a while longer.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

OH i love it! so cute and crafty and SO YOU!