Monday, April 27, 2015

It is Finished

 Chronicling a few projects that I finished in the last two months.  Including this little old dresser.  Picked it up at a yard sale last summer.  Fixed the drawers, sanded and oiled the wood.  Pretty little piece that I will use in the guest room.  
 Five friendship bracelets that I made for my AWANA girls.  A little something to remind them that Jesus and I love them. A fun little project for me. Made me wish my girls were little again.
 Framed this piece of an old quilt for my bedroom gallery wall.  This quilt came from Grandma Weinzierl's house.  My favorite sister gave me this little piece many years ago.  Like maybe 20 years ago.  This worn out quilt top was sewn over another worn out quilt.  

 Possible my favorite and longest unfinished project is the little chair on the right.  The one on the left I had done when Alex was little to match a table I painted for him.  We only had this one chair.  We moved it with the table to the attic not that many years ago.  Then I found another little school chair.  And I finally got around to painting it to match.  And then I had to track down the dog pictures to decoupage on the seat.  Serendipity to find a couple of Sam the Cowboy books at the Dodge City Library.
 A few color copies of Flop the dog, a few coats of polyurethane, and another project in the works for 15 years is finished.  (Put it in the attic until Alex has the twins.)
 Painted three doors, two sets of closet doors, some laundry room cabinets, and the floor and this sign for the laundry room at the House Next Door.

 A sheet of sand paper, my hot glue gun, and a handful of shells?
One more frame filled on the gallery wall. 
And I made a cover for the dog kennel.  Because, obviously, I have too much time on my hands.



No comments: