Monday, September 19, 2016

Son Number One

This guy.
Who had the best quote of the summer.  "I'd rather motor back to shore with one fish than row back with two." 
Who was out on the water, not once, but twice.


 Who hung out with his family.
And was supportive of his sister.
Who got out of the car at three, 
count them,
three national parks.
Who got a haircut.
 And posed for multiple family photos.
 And wore a tie.
That one time.
Before he headed back to school.
  This was the summer we finally cleaned out the toy box (ala Toy Story 3), he learned to cook something other than ramen noodles and cardboard pizzas, we searched for a common interest so that we had 'something other than finances and his future to discuss'.
Enjoyed my summer with this one.  Miss him just a little bit. 

4 comments:

the indiansandpirates said...

I am a bit extra "emotionally sensitive" these days, but this post made me teary. Sweet summer.

Amanda said...

Aww Goober - I miss him too! That's a great shot of us all at Half Dome. I was just thinking about him this morning - I have an excellent series of pictures of him being enthusiastic in Yosemite that makes me smile so much.

Minnie said...

Great post and pictures! Love Alex's new look! Miss you!

Abi said...

He makes your car look tiny. lol. Miss him so much! LOVE the haircut!