Sunday, October 02, 2016

An 'Anything I Wanted' Update

"I would plan and install a garden
 in the backyard of the house next door"
After pinteresting multiple garden designs, I settled on this simple 2 L-shaped bed design. One garden for upstairs.  One for downstairs.  Free bricks from the swap and sell site, put in place by volunteer labor.  Free mulch from the Dodge City branch and leaf pit.  Put in place by forced labor.
The downstairs family planted sunflowers, pumpkins, zinnias, and lettuce.  
The upstairs family moved out just before planting time.
So I planted six spaghetti squash seeds.  
And everything grew.






And this is my spaghetti squash harvest tally.
That's right. Fifty four spaghetti squash to date.
And still more in the garden.
And out of the garden.
I have twenty spaghetti squash in my car to take to church tomorrow.  Because we are sharing.
With the birds.
And the bees.
And the bunnies and the deer.
And with anyone who wants a spaghetti squash.



1 comment:

Abi said...

Your pumpkins look amazing!! C can't wait to turn her WY pumpkins into pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. Come on over- we'll share.