Monday, June 02, 2008

The Horrible, No-good, Very Bad Day

I should have known when the principal called me. At work.
I should have known not to try to mow the grass.
Things I have run over with the lawn mower in my lifetime:
1. A snake
2. A big red rubber ball
3. My own big toe
4. A baby rabbit
And now 5. The fire bowl.
I managed to destroy not only the fire bowl, but the lawn mower as well. Fortunately I am married to a very understanding man. Who is able to to fix a lawn mower.
Buying the part is another story. (Here is another great idea that I do not have the energy to do myself so I am offering up to anyone who wants it. A hardware/home improvement store run and staffed by women. Who would not feel the need to ask silly questions.)
"What did you hit? A rock?"
"Do you need to know that to find the right part to fix it?"
I'm just saying.

2 comments:

nancyann said...

Why does your husband not mow the grass? Is it easier to be understanding? Is there grass in Wyoming?

Miss Brenda said...

Oh, do you want to talk about husbands?