Sunday, June 15, 2008

Housing Issues

Acts 7:48"Yet that doesn't mean that Most High God lives in a building made by carpenters and masons. The prophet Isaiah put it well when he wrote, "Heaven is my throne room; I rest my feet on earth. So what kind of house will you build me?" says God. "Where I can get away and relax? It's already built, and I built it."

I am just a little behind in my Daily Audio Bible. So let's just pretend that today is June 10th. The OT reading is from I Kings where Hiram is making things out of bronze for King Solomon. Like 27 foot pillars. And six foot basins. And there is one statement about the sum of it that says no one has any idea how much bronze was used. I like the concept of that. Just creating things for God's glory and not keeping track of how much it costs, or how long it takes, or how much you pour into it. No one has any idea...

Then the NT reading is from Acts 7. Kind of like God's commentary on the magnificience/significance of all that Solomon has built. Kind of like 'Nice try'. Twenty seven foot tall pillars with two rows of pomengranates? All made out of who-knows-how-much burnished bronze? Let Me put that here beside Heaven and see how it compares? Where can I get away and relax?

This made me think that God is looking for a beach house. And if His desire is to dwell in me, then wouldn't it be totally cool to be God's beach house. Where He goes to relax. I just love the idea of hanging out with the Most High God.

No one has any idea...

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

You're better than me. Let's pretend it's March 7th :)

Abi said...

I love that picture.