Friday, October 02, 2009

Life in a Vacuum

While the BGITW was here I was running my very sucky vacuum cleaner in the living room. She asked her mom, "What is that?" This is just one generation away from the girl who asked, "Whose vacuum is that?"
My mom vacuumed every day. She covered up all the hardwood floors in the house with wall to wall carpet. She wore out vacuums.
I have a very sucky vacuum that I run whenever I feel like it or when the dog hair becomes visible.
Two thirds of my daughters do not own a vacuum cleaner but I think they would recognize one if they saw it. The third daughter owns her vacuum because her parents bought it for her when she went away to college. She used it at the end of each school year.
My granddaughter does not know what a vacuum is. I'm guessing she wouldn't recognize an iron either.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

hey i sucked a bug up in my vaccuum just the other day! and i have an iron too arent you so proud of me :)

Miss Brenda said...

You have always been my fav!