Thursday, October 01, 2009

The Harvest-A Garden Tale

There was snow on the mountains this morning and there is a frost and freeze warning for the basin tonight. So I had to rush home from Dodge City Federal this afternoon and harvest my tomato crop. You may recall that once upon a time I planted a tomato plant. And earlier in the summer I nearly lost the entire crop in a hailstorm. This was by far my best year for tomatoes. Neither the STP nor the Goob were here to help me, so I had to bring in the harvest by myself. And while I was at it, I just went ahead processed the whole thing myself as well. And who was here to help me stir the pot? Just myself. But I am no Henny Penny, er, Chicken Little?, er, lil chickie... (I had to google "chicken work who will help me"!) ...LITTLE RED HEN! Oh no, I shared the fruits of my labor with the STP and the Goob. I made quinoa pasta elbows with a tangy meat sauce. Such a noble end for my one tomato.
And then I did the dishes all by myself. I guess that's kind of like a fairy tale ending to my garden season.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i have no words. just laughter :)

Abi said...

forgot to comment when I read it the first time but wanted to let you know that you brighten(ed) my day :)