Tuesday, July 07, 2009

In The Garden

Let's start our tour of the grounds this week with the garden, shall we? I have a wonderful crop of baby lettuce.
I have a whole row of it. So I can just snatch a baby leaf whenever I walk by and enjoy it's freshness right then.
I have it conveniently located just outside the door in my little flower box.

I am also growing tomato plants almost as big as the house. I expect when the tomatoes start to ripen I will need to stake them.
Until then they are doing just fine in the little green pot just under the hose. Becasue they are close to the lettuce that way. Just right for harvesting a complete salad. I have two additional tomato plants in the ground outside the back fence. The Goob was parking his bike on top of them until I pointed out that they were there. He said he saw them, but he thought they were weeds. I see his point. They are not ready to have their picture shared yet. Let's just say they need some more nurturing.

Here is an adorable little ladybug waiting with me for the sunflowers to burst into bloom along the back fence.
Too bad they are still just knee high to a grasshopper.






Next year I will get the STP to build me raised beds with an irrigation system...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

some of your lettuce is looking a little like driftwood... whats up with that? :)

Miss Brenda said...

Those are fake antler art.

Abi said...

Like they aren't real art? or they are fake antlers? Can't wait to see you :)

Miss Brenda said...

Oh, they're real art. They're just fake antlers.