Thursday, July 02, 2009

Two and a Half Worms

I extended the flower beds along the west side of the house. It involved digging out grass where I didn't want it to grow. And in the process of digging I found two and a half earthworms. Which was a happy for me, because I don't think any self respecting worm would have lived in this dirt before. And earthworms are to gardens like morning sickness is to pregnancy. (How's that for a simile?) Healthy signs. And the STP says that if you cut an earthworm in half it will become two earthworms. So if that is true, now I have 4 earthworms. (If that is not true, then probably the two remaining earthworms have moved on to more hospitable flowerbeds.) Anyway, who knew I could be happy about worms. Wait till I actually get plants in the beds. They'll be no living with me.

1 comment:

Abi said...

I cant get over how great your yard looks.. it makes me wanna take off my shoes and run barefoot.