Monday, April 29, 2013

Unashamedly Asking for Money

Recently one of my favorite nephews contacted me to donate money to his school.  Evidently they need things like pencils that their local taxes don't provide.  So the students were going to... walk and ask friends and relatives to give them money for... walking.  I donated to the cause because he is one of my favorite nephews, he wrote his own name on the donation request, I did not have to choose an overpriced item from a brochure full of things I did not want, and I believe children should have pencils.  There was no stipulation how far they had to walk.  I think the campaign would have been just as effective and slightly more interesting to me if they had just decided to stand still.  I know there were days when my own children were that age that I would have gladly paid them to be still.
On Saturday I have signed up to wog 5K for the benefit of Big Brothers Big Sisters.  When I sign up, I get to make my own web page and then I get to ask friends and relatives to donate money because I am...wogging.  (A combination of walking and jogging propelling me forward at a pace just slightly faster that standing still.)  So if I am one of your favorite friends or relatives, you don't need any more things and still have money left over, and you believe children should have brothers and sisters you can go here and donate to the cause.
Plus I win a prize if I have the most donations.

3 comments:

nancyann said...

Because you are one of my favorite sisters.

Minnie said...

Good wording there Nance-never know which other of your favorite sisters reads this blog.

Miss Brenda said...

Love you guys. You are right near the top on my list of favorite sisters. Lets get together, what do you say?