Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Alpha and Omega

Crossed off the first and the last things on the non-resolution list this past weekend.
1.  List 54 things to do in 2013.
54.  Photo with a roadside wonder
While traveling across Wyoming I happened upon the World's Largest jackalope in Dubois.   So I had to stop to pee to take a look.  Fortunately I had my camera with me.  Unfortunately, I had left the memory card in my laptop in Dodge City.  So on my way back across Wyoming (after purchasing a new memory card for the camera), I stopped again to pee take a picture.  And really you can't judge the size of a jackalope by it's picture.  In the picture it looks like you could display the World's Largest jackalope on a sturdy shelf.  But trust me that is not the case.  This jackalope is huge.

Because I was wearing my blind woman sunglasses, I didn't notice the saddle, so I did not get a stranger in a convenience store to take my picture on top of the world's largest jackalope. (Although I don't doubt that that would have been a possibility.)  Instead I just stood on my tiptoes and gave it a hug and took a facebook pic for you.  So you could better judge the size and appreciate the awesomeness of the World's Largest Jackalope.
I also did a little research on jackalopes for you and found that Douglas, Wyoming has laid claim to the World's Largest Jackalope.  Which turns out to be an 8 ft concrete statue of a jackalope.   Clearly not a real jackalope like my friend here.  
You can't fool me, Roadside America.  I know a fake jackalope when I see one.

No comments: