Friday, June 07, 2013

Take a Picture

The STP and I went over the mountain.

To see what we could see...

And all that we could see...

And all that we could see...

Was the other side of the mountain.

 The other side of the mountain...
 

Was all that we could see.

So we took a few pictures along the way.
And I share these that didn't fit into the wildflower or animal posts. 

( The funny thing to us is that along the way there are a few signs that say "Scenic View--1000 ft."  None of these pics were taken at designated "scenic view" sites. )  
Last month, on my way to see the gynecologist in the big town, I drove past wild horses and antelopes and mountains with awesome expanses of clouds, sunshine and shadows in between.  I passed a car with a camera being held out the passenger side window.  And it occurred to me that after five years of trips to the big town, I no longer take pictures out the window along the way.  Maybe because I already have already photographed the whole trip.  Maybe because I know, that no matter how hard I try, I can't capture the awesome landscape with my point and shoot.   More likely, because I take the amazing scenic views for granted.  So I'm thankful today for a reminder to slow down, stop occasionally, look around, and take a picture.

You know what this picture means, don't you?  Sibley Lake is open.  Time to get the kayaks out.

1 comment:

E. Lane said...

Lovely pictures