Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Is That A Flying Pig?

There is this Specialty Coffee Shop in the Big Town. You know how I feel about specialty coffee shops, your addiction to $4 drinks, and starving children.  But I happened in to the specialty coffee shop and I ordered a mango smoothie just to be sociable, and I had a sip of the STP's iced raspberry chai. And then I tried to figure out how to get back there.  And I made my visitors leave the house at 6 am to travel to Yellowstone so we had time to stop at the Specialty Coffee Shop.  So I could get another mango smoothie they could be well nourished and hydrated for the trip.  And I not only got a mango smoothie, I also got a blueberry scone.  And the only regret I have is that I didn't get my own raspberry chai (with whipped cream).  

So now I can't decide if I should lift my judgment on your specialty coffee addiction, or do penance.
If you're planning a trip to the Big Town, maybe I could ride along and we could discuss this over a warm beverage.  I know this great little Specialty Coffee Shop...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

so is it a full blown addiction, or just indulgence in an occasional treat? because i think there might be room to hold onto a little bit of judgement for the everyday Specialty Coffee Shop patrons and still hold onto your own vice, all while still caring and providing for starving children. dare i say you can have it all?

also, you make me laugh out loud at work. love you :)