Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Ghost of Carpets Past

Electricity on.  Check.
Electricity updated?  Still on the to-do list.
Heat on.  Check.





Carpet removed.  Almost checked.

 Going along pretty smoothly until we discovered carpet over carpet.


Over tiles.
Over stubborn older tiles.

Still don't know what's ultimately under the bathroom flooring.  And we'll probably not know whats under the kitchen flooring.  Because I think it is new tiles over vinyl flooring over who know's what.

At the end of the day mere shadows of the things that have been.
That they are what they are, do not blame me.

And, yes, the sunporch is green.  I'm guessing the color of the house before the current color.  I went to the Sherwin Williams site to try new colors on the outside of the house.  (I still love to try things on.)  The outside does not need repainted except from an aesthetic point of view. And by that I mean the view from the street.  I think I could buy the paint and put it out with a sign at the curb that reads, "If you are tired of seeing this color when you drive by this house, bring a brush on Saturday and help us paint it."  Kind of a Tom Sawyer fence thing.  But, alas, I'm getting ahead of myself (and mixing works of literature.)

2 comments:

Minnie said...

I need to see before pics of every room! So exciting!

Amanda said...

yay for wood floors under all the layers! are they in good enough shape to refinish? also please paint the house. if the trim is in good shape you can probably salvage that color since it ties so nicely to the roof. a light brown, or a dark olive green could work. (no, i have most definitely not also been playing with Sherwin Williams color visualizer, why do you ask?)