Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Envelope Please

Helping the Goob pack for college...

Me:  I'll put in a couple of envelopes and stamps.
Goob: Why?  Do you really expect me to write you a letter?
Me: (slight hesitation)  Umm...
Goob:  Did my sisters ever write you a letter when they went to college?
Me:  (more hesitation)  Umm, no.  (I put the envelopes back)
Me:  If you needed to...would you know where to find and envelope and a stamp?
Goob:  In a museum?

I might miss that boy.

Later in the packing process...
Me:  Are you taking your afghan that grandma made for you?
Goob:  Yes, I am.  I might take a picture and send it to her.
Me:  You will need an envelope.




2 comments:

Minnie said...

Maybe you just pack those envelopes and stamps so when he calls and needs 1 you can tell him where you hid them. You might want to write down where you hid them-just saying...

Amanda said...

miss you all. can't believe the Goob is off at college...