Monday, September 08, 2014

Sixteen Letters

First week of college and I have already received 16 letters from the Goob.  All of them in response to my text messages. I am trying not to be a helicopter mom, but after six days I needed to know if he was still alive.  So I just asked him.  Which ellicited a three letter response.  
 After a full week, I made contact again.   I used a minimum number of characters to share a little information to let him know we were carrying on life even in his absence, and I let him know we were still here to support him--in the form of a question, which garnered another 3 letter response.  
Late Saturday night I sent him a message just to let him know I loved him (and to see if he was staying up late).

His 10 letter response?  Love you too
Sixteen letters.  That about says it all.





No comments: