Monday, September 08, 2014

Driving Myself Crazy

Drove myself to Denver today.  See this map?  All three white lines are Quebec Street.  Two of them are mono-directional. In opposite directions. The third Quebec street is the one I wanted.  And see E 40th Ave.?  It is also called Sandown Street.  This is good info--too late.
My GPS tried to help.  Arriving at destination?  Sure, if I wanted to park on the un-named yellow on ramp to I-70 E and jump a chain link fence with my suitcase.  Recalculating?  I think so.
A trucker tried to help by beeping his horn at me.  Unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately) I don't understand city horn honking. Believe me, if I knew where to go and what to do, I would have already been doing it.
A young woman thought it might be helpful to express her displeasure at my merging skills.  I hope her gesture made her feel better.  It wasn't particularly encouraging to me.
When I finally arrived at my hotel, (after circling it twice and a short unplanned drive on I-70 E) they let me park wherever I wanted. (Which I did like a champ!)  They processed my reservation without any problem.  And they offered me a warm chocolate chip cookie.  The beautiful young woman at the desk asked me how many cookies I needed.
One.  I just needed one.   Dozen.
So looking forward to the shuttle which will take me to class tomorrow am.

1 comment:

Brenda's Man said...

I miss you already. Wish I were there but not driving with you! I'm proud of you all the time.