Monday, September 08, 2014

Lacking Wisdom


Gave the Goob my dentist appt. in August to have his teeth cleaned before he left for school. Because we had to cancel his appt earlier in the summer and they couldn't get him in again until September. He and the STP came home from the Tuesday appt with an appt to have his 4 wisdom teeth removed on Thursday.  
Seriously?  I think it is like a woman taking her car to the garage to have the oil changed and they convince her she needs new brakes and the transmission may be bad.  

Hey, we have this cancellation for wisdom teeth extraction day after tomorrow.  
Look, this kid has 4 wisdom teeth.  Lets take them out.

So they did.  The dentist commended him for being a great patient because the extraction wasn't easy. Filed that under 'things I never thought I would hear a dentist say about the Goob'.  He had to spend a couple of days swishing his swollen mouth and limiting his activity to video games on the couch. Big stretch there.
A little iffy to have your wisdom extracted a week before you leave for the university.  Just saying.

Really just recording this here, because I couldn't remember if all the girls had their wisdom teeth removed or not.  This blog is as close as I have to a medical record.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am still as wise as the day I was born :)

Anastasia said...

I had mine out...during or the summer after my senior year of HS too. How does it feel to have raised two of me?