Sunday, December 21, 2014

November Extended

86,87,89.  The Advent calendar.  One application from my Bible study in Colossians this fall is that it is possible to influence others and speak into their lives from a distance.  Paul did it from prison.  Thankful that the STP and I are not in prison, and that we could share the countdown to Christmas with C&N. Also glad the STP posted pictures to FB.


90,91.  Levi David Henry.
Thankful for the safe arrival of grandchild number three.  As thankful and proud as I am to have him, I am even more thankful that my firstborn baby girl came through the pregnancy, labor and delivery well.  Such a privilege to be a mom.  Such a joy to watch my girls be moms.  Can't wait to hold this little guy.
92,93,94,95. End of the semester.  Haven't seen the grades yet, but thankful for the seemingly smooth transition from living at home to living at school.  Thankful for hugs and smiles.  
96, 97.  Project progress.  Way back during the great bathroom remodel/bedroom update of 2012 I planned a photo wall.  I gathered frames from yard sales.  I painted them to match.  I laid them out and rearranged them on the bedroom floor in anticipation of hanging them above the bed.  And then we walked around them for 8 months.  And finally this month the STP helped me move them to the wall.  Thankful for being able to walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night without dodging picture frames on the floor.  Goal for 2015?  Actually put pictures in the frames.
 

98-102.  Cookie exchange. Thankful for the church ladies who had the idea and who baked the best cookies ever.  Thankful for the chance to share my home.  Thankful for gluten free cookies that were super delicious.

Thankful for the chance to use my red and white striped straws and a punch bowl.  

103-105.  Gingerbread.  And for decorating without pressure and rules.  And my friend Addie, who reminds me how much fun it is to embrace and revel in each moment.  


It would have been a shame not to get to 100 thankful things this season.  Thankful to have finished.

No comments: