Monday, December 01, 2014

30 to Go?

71.  Thankful for the House Next Door.  Four years ago I hoped it would not become a rental.  Today I own it with the intention of renting it.   Thankful that God speaks to my heart with the intention of changing it.
72.  Thankful the upstairs apartment is ready to rent.  Plan to take the month of December off before starting work on the basement apartment.
73.  Thankful for the support we have had getting to this point.  Donated toilet and doors.  Help with the plumbing.  Gifts of cash and time.  Prayers and encouragement offered.
74.  Thankful for cream puffs from Sam's.  Easy peasy fancy schmancy treat for the open house.  And, hello, some left over.  Good thing.
75.  Thankful for warm weather yesterday morning to decorate outside.
76.  Thankful for Pinterest.  For redeeming my garage sale purchase of vintage plaid picnicware.
77.  Garage Sales. Mostly I garage sale with the church ladies for the fellowship, but I love when I can decorate for $1.75.
78,79.  Thankful for cold weather and 3 inches of fresh snow.  Beautiful reminder of the Creator's creativity.  Every snowflake different?  Love it.
80,81.  Snow shovels.  Thankful for my snowshovel with the ergonomic handle.  Thankful for the general good health to be able to shovel snow.
82.  Thankful for people with snow blowers who show up when I am tired of shoveling a gazillion shovels full of a bajillion unique snowflakes.
83.  Surprise day off.  Didn't look at my December schedule until this evening.  Surprised to discover I am off tomorrow.  Good thing.  I can stay up late and finish my thankful list before the end of the month.
84.  Burlap.  Thankful the Co-op had burlap to wrap the bottoms of my front porch trees.  It almost compensated for not being able to buy strawberries in town yesterday. (Grapes do not equal strawberries, especially when one's heart is set on strawberries.)
85.  Extensions.  Thankful I can grant myself an extension on listing 100 things I am thankful for in the month of November.
Let's pick it up here tomorrow.  Cause I don't have to go to work, remember?

No comments: