Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Day

49.  The Goob-home this weekend from college. Doesn't need anything.  Happy to hang out with us today. Thankful he had a safe trip home.  Thankful to have him here.
51.  People who invite us for meals.  Last evening we had BLTs at the Baxters.  Today we had Thanksgiving dinner with the Kunkels.  So thankful to be included and treated like family.
53.  Thanksgiving food.  Sweet potato casserole.  Turkey.  Stuffing. Ham. Green bean casserole. Pecan pie. I did not have my camera with me today.  So you will have to trust me that the turkey was absolutely beautiful.  The pies were exquisite.  Thankful for new Thanksgiving food as well.  Broccoli casserole?  Winner.
60.  Gluten free bread for sandwiches. Gluten free carrot cake. Gluten free pie crusts.  Casserole without glutenous toppings.  Thankful the STP had plenty of food choices, but more thankful for the accommodating people who thoughtfully prepared them.
65.  My stage of life.  I wouldn't trade my kids or grandkids for the world and I would have loved to be with them today, but I am seriously thankful that I didn't have to fill anyone's plate but my own.  I didn't have to worry about what anyone else was eating.  I wasn't responsible to tell anyone I thought they needed a nap.  Being old has it's advantages.
66.  Naps.  Enough said.
67.  Cranberry Jello salad.  I think this recipe came from Speecie.  Thankful for people who invited my parents (and their nap-needy kids) to share their holiday meal and their recipes.  Thankful for traditions.
69.  Leftovers.  Thankful Josh taught us the value of taking Tupperware to Thanksgiving dinner.  Thankful for hosts who were willing to share.  Looking forward to a turkey sandwich for lunch tomorrow.  (Leftovers already appeared on this year's list at number 17.  I am still thankful for them today, but can't in good conscience count them again.)
70.  A brisk walk.  Slept in this morning and then walked 3 miles with the SLD and the STP.  Thankful for people who organized the Greybull Turkey Trot.  Our official time? 54:47  Not much trotting on our part, but a good time with good people.  And 350 calories burned?  That's a slice of cherry dessert.

No comments: