Monday, November 03, 2014

My Small Town

13.  The Dodge City Building Center.  I live across the street from the Building Center. They have a big dog that I have to step around to shop there.  I have an account and I don't have to tell them my name to add to it.  They have a paint computer that tracks all my paint colors, They gave me my own paint deck. The BC is like Cheers and I am like Norm.  So thankful.
14.  Ron's Food Farm.  Best name ever for a small town grocery store.  Today I bought a little head of cabbage and a green pepper. An apple which claims to taste like a banana, a spaghetti squash and fresh baked rolls.   So privileged to have good food available and be able to afford to buy it.
15.  The Post Office.  Stopped by after work today to mail a package.  Anything perishable, fragile, liquid or potentially hazardous?  Why, yes, at least two of those.  In three days it will be on the doorstep of TBGITW in NYC.  Even though the Goob thinks stamps are archaic, I am thankful for the service that lets me send a treat (and maybe a trick) across the country.

No comments: