Sunday, November 09, 2014

Nineteen Going on Thirty

19.  Peaches.  What seemed like too many peaches in the middle of a very busy week turned into some of the best peach cobblers and a couple of jars of peach/cherry jam.  And every time I spread it on anything I remember the wonderful week we made it.  Peach cherry jam tastes like this:

20, 21.  Phone calls and long drives to and from work.  Some days I sing my way to work.  Loud and exuberantly offkey.  Some days I review my bible memory verses.  Some days I call my mom.  Friday afternoons I talk to my favorite daughter who gets off work the same time as I do, two time zones away.  Love having that time with no interuptions to just chat and giggle.  Like time spent on scaffolding.

22.  Small group.  Working through  'The Good and Beautiful God' with my small group.  Spiritual soul training for this week includes silence and counting my blessings.  Counting the people who walk the walk with me among my blessings.

23.  Grace.  God's Riches At Christ's Expense.  So thankful for the grace extended to me on a daily basis.  Good things that I don't deserve.  Nothing but thankful.

24. Sunsets. The STP was interested in shooting mule deer.  I was interested in shooting the sunset.  A picture is worth a thousands words and there really are no words for this:

25.  Paint.  Accent wall in the HND kitchen because after I patched the big holes I didn't have any matching paint. New paint brush.  New gallon of paint called Whisper of Nature (also known as 'Green'.).  Just the selection process makes me happy.  This week I will eek out time to actually apply it.

26.  Weather forecasts.  Thankful for the heads up that the temperature will drop 60 degrees over the next twenty four hours.  I am not ready for winter, but it would be worse to be surprised.

27.  Football.  Sunday afternoon football is the best napping background noise.  Ever.  

28.  Mercy.  Not getting what I do deserve.  Thankful that God's mercies are new every morning.  Love having a fresh start every day.  

29. The Tonight Show.  Jimmy Fallon makes me laugh.

30.  0212
5+96   Dogs that type.  Evidently 0212 5+96 means "You aren't paying enough attention to me and I need a treat right now."

1 comment:

Brenda's Man said...

0212 5+96
Just kidding...I do love the attention I get from you though. OXOX