Sunday, November 02, 2014

10,11,12

10.  My church.  I am privileged to worship with a great group of people.  Especially good worship music and excellent sermon this morning.  I am thankful to be grafted into this branch of the vine.



















11.  Fellowship dinner.  The first Sunday of each month we stay after church and eat lunch together.  A family dinner where you can count on the usuals--hot dogs and fried chicken.  And where it is safe to try a new recipe. Who knew carrot cookies could be so good?  (I had two, but I counted that as two servings of vegetables.)  Or even to stay and eat if you brought nothing, because we all have days like that.  And you're family.
12.  My recipe collection.  Today I made barbecued pork that I learned to make when I lived in Fort Payne, Alabama and hot potato salad--a recipe I picked up in South Fork.  Food that reminds me of people and places along the way.  For someone who doesn't particualrly like to cook, I am a big fan of food.

No comments: