Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Alternate Hands

So it seems that Strong Bad has alternate hands which are a bucket and a bullhorn. This got us to thinking what it would be like to have alternate hands. The rules seem to be that you can't have one alternate hand at a time. You just have your regular hands, or you can change them out with your alternate hands. I liked the bullhorn idea. I could use that to make my point more emphatically, and to get my family's attention when they appear to be tuning me out.
The bucket would be useful if I was scouring the ditches along back roads for wildflowers or swinging water around to demonstrate centrifugal force. Other than that I couldn't think of a lot of uses for those alternate hands. I think I would rather have scissors and a toaster. Micah would have his wallet and his keys. Dave would have a pneumatic tool with interchangeable appliances and a bloody stump. Alex is no longer part of the conversation, so he is unable to think what his alternate hands would be. (In fact, I would probably need a bullhorn to get his attention right now.) He just plants these ideas in all of our heads and then moves on. He goes back to school tomorrow. I hope the teachers are ready. I know I am.

No comments: