Friday, August 17, 2007

Homestar Runner

I am crossing things off my 'someday I'm going to try that' list. Today I sent in the registration for my first 5K race. Actually, the item on the list is to run a 5K, not just to register. So I am planning to run on September 8th. Alex and I are figuring out a way to make a homestar runner t-shirt for race day. I think just a red T with a big white star on the front will work. My support team should have matching shirts also. I will not wear a beanie with a propeller on top. I think I will look and feel silly enough without the beanie.
Tonight I crossed off two other things on my 'someday' list: 1. Eat at Primanti Bros. and 2. Go to Phipps Conservatory. 1. a Cheesesteak sandwich which was somewhat disappointing. 2. Chihuly Nights glass exhibit which was even better than I thought it would be.
Often the enjoyment of an event is indirectly proportional to the expectations I have for it.
On race day I expect I will cross the finish line. Hopefully I will still be on my feet. Otherwise I won't be able to cross it off the list.

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

Maybe the shirts could have a beanie on the back? either way, Micah needs a medium and Stasi takes a youth large. Let us know how to obtain such shirts or if we need to make our own. If a shirt party is planned, we want invites!