Sunday, October 21, 2007

Serendipities



Today we planned a trip to see the leaves. Along the way we saw a road side spring, took pictures of our shadows, walked in the woods, climbed on rocks, saw the sun rise and set in spectacular fashion, ate french fries and gummy bears, dropped in to visit some friends, and just by chance saw a painted rock in the Tionesta River.


Who would paint a rock in the middle of the river? Okay, it looks like a giant frog-shaped rock, but who goes one step farther and actually paints it? And then it occurs to me that any one of my brothers would do this. And any two of my sisters if they were together would think to do this. And several of my children would seriously consider doing this. And I wish I had done it.



And Alex would throw rocks at it.


And for all the planning, the best moments of the day were the surprises. And being together to share them.

3 comments:

Anastasia said...

I wish we had been there to see that!!

Amanda said...

sad i missed the frog. additionally, the fat neck comment on my blog was purely in reference to the episode of gilmore girls that i had been currently watching. (luke gives rory an old necklace and it fits b/c she has a skinny, not a fat, neck.)

love you :)

Abi said...

It makes me wish we were along... excellent post Miss Brenda.