Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Truth

Tell me the truth. Sometimes a story is just so unbelievable that a mother knows it can't be true. Go ahead and call to verify, 'cause it's the truth. So I call and of course it has some truth woven in, but it is not the truth. Give me the whole truth. You make me feel so guilty. Maybe you feel guilty because you are guilty. Do I have to say it? Yes, and you have to make it right. Do you have to go with me? Yes, because once you lie, trust is destroyed.

It is always easier not to make a mess than it is to clean up a mess.

Do you feel better? Yes.

If only they always learned the lesson in a teachable moment...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i love you mummyme. and im not just saying that to prove that im the good kid. oh wait, maybe just a lil. ;)

Anastasia said...

Yeah well, if you get all A's they dont send a progress report....
i'm curious what the rest of the story is here?