Saturday, October 11, 2008

This Is Not Normal

Ever since we arrived here 2 months ago in 103 degree heat and 0% humidity people have been telling us that whatever weather we are having is 'not normal'. Evidently they don't usually have this much heat, cold, rain, or wind. This morning I woke up to this. Several inches of snow and several more predicted before the end of the weekend. Even the meteorologist on the Weather Channel said this snow in Wyoming was not normal. So all I know is that I have no idea what normal is here. Except this is not it.

I was wondering when I could stop watering the grass. Now I know. I had been lamenting that I didn't have any fall decorations on the porch. Not to worry. I'll just move on to Christmas. (I think the sled was on the truck...)

This is a really great place because you can take your picture for your Christmas card the first of October and beat the holiday rush. If only I had had the forethought to have the Christmas decorations out on the porch.

And to all a goodnight.

3 comments:

Minnie said...

The house really looks nice with the snow-brings out the blue.

nancyann said...

My children are jealous of your snow, they can't wait to ski. It has been in the mid 70's lately. I'm sitting outside by my fireplace Pap made enjoying a fire and blogging on Jim's phone. Technology can be fun! Is Staci & Micha there yet?

Miss Brenda said...

What kind of phone does that man have?