Monday, October 20, 2008

Where Have You Gone, Joe DiMaggio?

When you don't blog I miss you and think terrible things about you. When I don't blog, I miss myself.




While I was gone Stasi and Micah came to visit, the fence began to stand upright (in the yard instead of the garage), I did a little match making, and I went to Yellowstone for the last time this season, saw Old Faithful erupt and ate at the Snow Lodge and at McDonalds and at the Chinese restaurant in Dodge City. I took pictures of most of those things with the best intentions of sharing them with you. But a week has passed and instead I have pictures of the bacterial mat around the geyser basins in Yellowstone. I know, everyone else has pictures and video of Old Faithful and I have shots of the ground around the edge. It could be worse. At least I am not sharing video of microbes.
I picked colors for the big room. Pumpkin Butter and Fall Leaf. Now I am deciding what to hang on the wall. My first thought was that I should hang mounted animal heads. But since I didn't have any, then I thought maybe I should hang pictures of animal heads on the wall. In sepia tones, so that it has that authentic western look. Or maybe western landscapes. Or shots of Dodge City. But then I hit on this great idea to enlarge and frame the pictures of the bacterial mats from Yellowstone. Authentic Western Art. I'm pretty much a genius.
I tried to move these things around and I only succeeded in underlining a random bit of the text. Forget what I said about being a genius.

2 comments:

nancyann said...

We have been studying bacteria in biology this year; looking at microscopic organism through the microscope. Spencer thinks you have the coolest job! They have spent hours observing. God has such wonderful creative juices to put such diverse shapes into something you can't even see without 400x magnification.

Amanda said...

we were playing with bacteria in lab the other day and i thought about taking pictures of them... and i cant wait to see Gods Big Room... 50 days and counting...