Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wyoming Word of the Day

ven·i·son
[ven-uh-suhn, -zuhn]
–noun
the flesh of a deer or similar animal as used for food.


The Game Warden says that venison is the meat of any antlered animal. So in my freezer I have 'venison' frozen in camo freezer bags. I am unsure what similar animal it originated from. Maybe it is better that way. I also have some meat that is clearly labelled 'antelope'. So if you have any good antelope recipes let me know.

Cooking has not been one of my strengths, but now that I will be cooking 'game' meat it should be a lot more fun anyway. And the adventure continues..

2 comments:

Abi said...

Where did you obtain this "Not for Sale" meat?

Miss Brenda said...

Once your sister suggested we sell you and I told her it was against the law to sell children. "Oh", she said. "I guess we'll have to give her away." Same thing applies to venison.