Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Emu, Brutus?

I got my Dad's propensity for clutter and his feet. The dry cracking kind of feet. It is exascerbated (exasperated?) by the dry winter weather. I am trying a new remedy. Emu oil. It comes in a little jar. It stains your feet and socks an ugly yellowbrown. It smells like emu butts. The list of ingredients lists 'fragrance' as an ingredient. What kind of fragrance would that be? Do they mean for it to smell like emu butts or does emu oil smell even worse than that and the fragrance is added to make it smell better? If that is the case, I don't want to ever smell unadulterated emu oil. I did a little research and found that the oil glad is not near the emu butt, but on it's back. What I couldn't determine was if the emu had to be dead in order to extract the oil. There is some suggestion (but no real evidence) that emu oil may also reduce wrinkles. I thought briefly about applying it to my neck, but the thought of my neck wrinkles filled with yellowbrown residue smelling like emu poo dissuaded me. And if the emu has to die, I'm pretty sure my vanity is not worth the life of an emu.
My feet are actually looking and feeling better. At least they are no longer cracked, bleeding, and painful.
This post reads like a bad spelling class essay. Where you have to use at least five of your vocabulary words in a paragraph. Exacerbated, propensity, unadulterated, residue, dissuaded. I'm not sure any of them are spelled right. Or used correctly. I really just wanted you to know about my feet. We're not going to talk about the clutter thing.

3 comments:

Abi said...

Because I have nothing better to do... Emus do have to die to give up their oil. However you may be interested to know that the oils use was discovered when someone tried to drink it (just imagine that).
"Whitfenstein tasted the material, and finding it utterly repugnant, threw it out at once."

Abi said...

Was repugnant one of your spelling words?

Miss Brenda said...

I feel worse now. Utterly repugged. Totally repugnated. But I will use my emu oil tonight so that my emu did not die in vain.