Friday, February 20, 2009

Luck Favors the Prepared

Went to the county courthouse Wednesday afternoon to apply for my passport. The courthouse is very courthouse-like. The Clerk of Courts is in charge of passports. I had all the necessary things gathered for Goober and I to apply for our passports. We had our photos taken before Christmas. His hair is longer than his shoulders and I look like a terrorist. If I ever disappear, I hope it is the picture they use on the news.
When you apply for your passport they want to know your travel plans. I don't have any travel plans. But luck favors the prepared, darling. So if I get the opportunity to go on a mission trip to Mexico, or be at the delivery of a grandchild in Slovakia, or am tapped to run for Vice-president of the United States, I'll be ready.
And I have 10 years to get to Paris. One of my life goals is to visit France. Now if I suddenly find the time and the money, I'll already have my passport. Oh, yeah. I'm well on my way.

No comments: