Thursday, September 03, 2009

Fear and Trepidation

Time for our second time on the annual all church camp out on the mountain. Now that I know what to expect I am looking forward to it even less than last year. Plan to cook everything on a stick, but the STP wants steak, corn on the cob, pancakes, and green tea. He also wants all of this to be gluten free and appear magically at the campsite. I am going to take a book, and a chair. The STP and the Goob will share the tent. The STP's daughter and I have reservations in a camper with extra bed space. Hoping to see some big horn sheep--in the wild. Camping is really only fun when you are a kid and your Mom does all the preparation and all the unpacking and all the laundry. I have a new appreciation of all those trips to Clear Creek and Cook's Forest. With 8 kids, and a tent. I'm going to put a chapter on camping in the book.

6 comments:

nancyann said...

She didn't even like camping!

Minnie said...

Where did the 8th kid come from? I do have some fun memories of our camping trips!

Uncle M said...

Some of us didn't have camping trips.

nancyann said...

Some of us grew up poor with only one car.

Brenda's Man said...

But I believe it is fair to say that "a good time was had by all."

Miss Brenda said...

8 kids--Ronnie, Brenda, Nancyann, Mary Kay, Margie, Karen, Donnie, Mark?