Wednesday, July 07, 2010

My Aha! Moment


The Magnificent Uncle M sent me the link to this.  He has no idea what a delight it was to receive it.  I, too, have been pondering how to get to the proverbial m&ms.  (As an aside, I failed to figure in the size proportions with regards to the prize. If I were scaling a 40 ft wall, the m&m field would be 60x60 feet, or 3600 square feet of m&ms.  Lets say it together: Recalculating.)  I was pondering this yesterday while I was tying up my tomato and pumpkin plants, when along came a small white butterfly, fluttering over the garden and landing right in the middle of the lettuce square.  AHA!!  Oh, I thought, I must share this.  So I ran into the house to get the camera.  And when I returned the butterfly was still sitting in the lettuce.  So I carefully framed the shot and just as I snapped the picture (Lassssieeee) it flew away, leaving me with just a picture of lettuce.  But now I know how long it takes a white mothy butterfly thing to lay eggs in a lettuce patch.  Just a little longer than it takes me to run in and out of the house.  Also, I will wash my lettuce a little more thoroughly from now on.
Thanks Uncle M.  See you the end of the month when I will have your unannounced blog giveaway prize-a pack of m&ms and 4 Yellowstone quarters. 

No comments: