Monday, July 19, 2010

A Square Foot of Chocolate

I currently subscribe to two magazines: 
1.  Better Homes and Gardens--because I have both of those and I am always interested in making them better.  Plus it is relatively inexpensive so I don't mind ripping out pages to add to my idea file.
2.  Real Simple--because it has big pages with big pictures and everything in it is real simple. 
Here is the difference.  The August BHG offers 50 ways to eat a peach.  Including Cheddar Stuffed Turkey Burgers with Peach Ketchup.  Chances I will ever gather the dozen required ingredients and make this recipe?   0.05%
Real Simple offers 26 (Note: half as many as BHG) summer recipes that have only three ingredients.  Including Buttery Grilled Corn.  Chances I could pull together 4 ears of corn, 2 tablespoons of butter, and 2 scallions?  5%  (But I think the percentage would go up if I just modify the recipe and omit the scallions.)
The thing that caught my eye this month was in BHG.  A tiny little mention with a tiny little picture of Chocolate cosmos.   Yes, a flower that is cocoa colored AND cocoa scented.  I believe I could spend so many summer hours tending and arranging and rearranging chocolate cosmos that I wouldn't even think about cooking anything.  Well into September.  So I went to the link BHG.com/chocolateplants to find out more like the tiny little article suggested.  And here is what I found:

 We're sorry, but we can't find

the page you're looking for.

Because BHG is not real simple.  Maybe it will not be on the website until August,  even though they send me the August magazine in mid-July.  By the time August gets here, I will forget to go back and see if the page about chocolate plants can be found. 
I need a magazine called Really Simple that would have great big scratch and sniff pictures of all the chocolate plants, and a seed packet of chocolate cosmos stuck onto one of the pages with that sticky booger-like adhesive.  And a dollar off coupon for a Milky Way bar to get me through until my square foot of chocolate cosmos bloom. 
Chances of that happening? 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

http://www.bhg.com/gardening/design/styles/start-a-chocolate-garden/?page=1
is this the page you were looking for?

Miss Brenda said...

You make everything simple. Love you. Three Days!!!!