Thursday, August 05, 2010

Diverted and Refueled

I love flying.  I don't do it often enough for the wonder of moving really fast sky high has worn off.  So two Fridays ago I was flying from Denver to NYC.  Even though I had a wonderful window seat, I determined that I was NOT going to take a million pictures out the window.  I did really well until we got to New York,  and we had to circle above the city.  And then the sun started to set.

This was the ultimate in picture taking opportunities for me.  Pictures of a sunset... in the middle of the clouds... out the window... of a fast moving vehicle. 


So I shot about 50 pictures before we landed.  In my defense, it took us awhile to land because there was a hugh thunderstorm below us in NYC. 

Finally we were diverted north and then south and then we landed...in Philadelphia...and refueled.  And then we flew back to NYC and landed again--post-storm.
And it made me wonder how many times in my life God has diverted and refueled me while I was blissfully unaware of the storm raging so close at hand. 
And if I was whining about the delay and having to change my plans while the sun was setting in front of my eyes.

No comments: