Thursday, August 19, 2010

Life's the Pits

Because all the cherries are eaten, but I don't want to forget this great idea, I am posting this here.  (Even if youtube goes belly-up by next August, I will remember that I want to make a cherry pitter from a fork and that I want to buy the fork at a yardsale.) 
Okay, I wanted to link to the homemade cherry pitter, but instead, when I tested the link, this great idea turned out to be how to cook elk steaks on an open pit fire.  As this may also prove useful, I decided to leave it.   
The homemade cherry pitter link "appears to be broken".  Or maybe, Ooops!, I just can't figure it out.
Open Pits, Cherry Pits.
Note to Self:  Next July ask Pam if she remembers how to make a cherry pitter from a fork.  And invite her over for grilled elk steak.  Serve the cherries with stems in little cups.